Friday, January 13, 2012

Day #7

2Corinthians 13:5, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Galatians 5:19-25 What is the evidence? Hmmm. Test myself to see if I am in the faith...The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality...no, impurity and debauchery...no, idolatry and witchcraft...no, hatred...mmmm...no not really, aggravated, disappointed maybe, frustrated, but not hatred, discord...mmm...sometimes, jealousy...mmm...at times, fits of rage...ummm...once in a great moon, selfish ambition...uuuu...might think about it, but dismiss it, dissensions...ouch...more than I want to admit, factions...no, and envy...uuuuh...like jealousy...at times; drunkenness...nope, orgies...nope, and the like...no. So these are the things of the flesh. I'm embarrassed to have to admit to some of this. I wish I could say I don't do any of it, but unfortunately there is some of this inside of me. These fleshly things need to be replaced with the fruit of the Spirit, love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. The thing is, we as humans cannot replace our fleshly acts with these spiritual fruits by ourselves. We must be a child of God, living in the Spirit allowing the Holy Spirit to cleanse us and replace our fleshly acts with these fruits of the Spirit. Too many times I think we are told that we need to replace these ourselves. I think that is so dangerous because of many reasons. One, we just can't do it and we will fail and fall into depression. Two, we may be able to pull it off for a time and become prideful and conceited before we fall even harder bringer others with us. Three, we fail to depend on God and let God take us, use us, hold us. Well, I kind of went out on a limb on this blog with some personal ideas and opinions. But most importantly, if you are reading this and you do not know Jesus as your personal savior, pray right now to receive Him. He loves you as you are. You don't have to be good enough for Jesus, because, well, none of us are. God sent His Son on this earth to live as a man, suffer, die, and then come back to life. He did that for you and me. He did that because we messed up and He Loves us so much He's given us another chance to live eternity with Him. It's this simple, we all die. There is a Heaven and a hell. When we die we go to one of the two places. We all are doomed to hell because of our sin, Adam and Eve being kicked out of the Garden of Eden, the perfect place given to us from the start but then we, mankind, Adam and Eve messed everything up. So yes, we are all doomed to go hell. But, because of God's Love for us, He has given us another chance, Jesus! We have a choice, God doesn't make us choose. And God doesn't doom us to hell, we do that all by ourselves! Oh boy am I on a soap box tonight! Well, I'll call it quits for now. If I've totally confused you, just comment. I'd be glad to answer any questions I can, if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment