Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day #18

Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15, Luke 24:47-48, John 20:21-22, Acts 1:8 Jesus Final Command...The excitement in the air is thickening! The crowds are coming from all around the nation, from around the world. My eyes are open and I see people of all colors, backgrounds, sizes, ages, on foot, on bikes, on motorcycles, in cars, buses, trucks, horse and buggies. They are literally everywhere! It took me over 45 minutes to get into the city to pick up my husband. That’s over twice as long as an average day. Then getting out was just as challenging. I'm talking Indianapolis, SuperBowl week. You got it...I'm living in it, driving in it, experiencing it. And I'm not even a sports fan. (Sorry, nothing against it, I'm just not one of them, not my nature.) It is exciting though, crazy, stressed, overcrowded, but exciting. A song on the radio fills my ears, words that say to let your light shine on the city, don't let your light go out. Scripture verses fill my eyes, The Great Commission-Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I Jesus have commanded you, I Jesus am with you always, even to the end of the age. And my mind is full of thinking, waiting for what God wants me to do with the $10 FOTC Challenge, who, when, where, how...the what is already known...God gave us, each of us his one and only Son, Jesus Christ our Savior so we can spend eternity in Heaven, living for God almighty Our Holy God who is Holy indeed! This exciting time reminds me of 1987, the year we first moved to Indianapolis, the year of the Pan Am Games.  I was new to a state, city, and church. I went downtown Indianapolis to do volunteer missions. I thought serving food, handing out bags of groceries, working in the office running errands as needed. Not knowing what to expect I overdressed, wearing a dress to a sports function was not the norm. (Like I said earlier in this blog, I’m not a sportsman and this proves it. I didn’t even know what the Pan Am games were.) I found myself in a classroom learning how to walk the streets; I was petrified, talking about stepping out of my comfort zone. I remember walking the streets handing out tracks and doing nothing more than that. I remember a lady who caught my eye. She was also in a dress, an old worn dress, and she was following me block by block, and she was watching me. I was able to talk with her, give her a track that was all. Very simple, but I felt on top of the world. She smiled and walked away. It was like she just needed to be reminded that somebody loved her. Isn’t that the way most of us are? God knows our needs better than we do ourselves. So that’s where I stand. Maybe tomorrow I’ll have something to write about. Until then…May God Richly Bless and Fill you with the Holy Spirit, overflowing you to share with those around you. J

No comments:

Post a Comment