Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day #6

Proverbs 28:13 Confession I find that one of the hardest things to do is to ask God to show me my blind spots. To show me the un-confessed sin in my heart. I hate it because inevitably there is sin, even if I don't want to admit it. Take for instance, road rage...:/ I consider myself a pretty calm, easy going, laid back sort of person. It usually takes quite a bit to upset me, or just the right button to push. I remember one time I was on my way to work. I was listening to the Christian Radio Station, enjoying, worshiping, singing God's praises. Yes, I said praising God, when all of the sudden somebody cut me off. Boy I tell you out of my "Heavenly Worship Mood" came an ugly attitude shouting what are you doing stupid? I surprised myself with the outburst. God used that moment to teach me how ugly my insides are, without Him. This morning after my quiet time I grudgingly prayed the prayer of God to reveal to me my un-confessed sin. He showed me my pride, as I didn't want to do a simple polite thing. My rotten attitude, again during traffic when a car pulled out in front of me. Actually, this morning twice did I have a road type of testing. The first was a taxi behind me honking his horn at me to make a right on red, when the sign clearly says no right turn on red. I held my cool, pointed to the sign and jestered (a friendly one at that.) I couldn't turn. My attitude was cool to moderate, and no name calling or anger. I was feeling pretty prideful, there it is pride! Yes, it wasn't a few blocks later that I was making a left on a green left arrow when a car pulled out in front of me making a right on red. (Isn't God clever?) Well, my anger rose to the top of my head and I laid on the horn, pressed the gas, giving the other driver a look of "I dare you!" Yes, some Christian attitude hugh? So yes, I confess my pride and ask God to forgive me and cleanse me of it, filling me with the Holy Spirit that I be made pure and give God the Glory in everything. That I remember to keep my eyes on Jesus always!

No comments:

Post a Comment