Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day #13

The Power of Love John 13:34-35 and John 15:9-17 The power of love is a strong power. It's a power that is stronger than any superpower known to mankind. Unfortunately it's not as easy to be found as one might hope. This world of ours is so full of hate and bitterness that even in the best surroundings it's hard to keep that power of Love alive. But, then again life is full of surprises. Today my daughter went to the laundry mat to wash a large blanket that wouldn’t fit in our washing machine. She was short a quarter and called me in a quandary on what to do. She had already put the soap, blanket, and all the money she had into the machine. Being on the other end of the phone, I was trying to tell her she needed to come home to get more money. Such a small thing, but I hear her voice full of excitement when I hear "awe, thank you! That was nice, thank you!" Somebody had given her a quarter and that little act of kindness filled my daughter with hope and love. Love doesn't have to be anything large, in fact the little things we do are sometimes the largest vessels of love we can show. When we show love, we show God. When we fail to love we fail to show God. In fact, in my opinion, as a child of God, if we fail to show love, we do more harm to the witness of God than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment