Monday, January 30, 2012

Day #17

Matthew 9:35-38 Pray for Workers in the Harvest...What did I write about not too long ago in this blog? That God talks to me in themes...it's so cool. Today on the way home from work the radio was on and they were talking about Make a difference Monday, KLove station. They were telling a story about how because one person obeyed God and shared the gospel, a 62 year old man came to know Christ. Then they shared the scripture of how the Harvest is ready, but the laborers are few. Then tonight as I was reading my verse for the day, wouldn't you know but the verse Matthew 9:37 The Harvest is ready, but the laborers are few. What have I been praying for? That God give me what I need to share His truth with others? Yesterday our church did a bold and out of the box challenge. Our pastor gave everybody in the church an envelope with a $10 bill in it. Yes, you heard me, our church gave us money. But it had a string attached, a challenge. We are to go do something with it that shows others the truth, salvation, who God really is. Now my first thought was, this is too easy. I'll just give it to WellSpring. Now if you've been keeping up with my FaceBook, you'll see that I also have a WellSpring page. This ministry is dear to my heart and a very vital part of JVR. But, that would be too easy. Too easy, because I feel that God wants me to get out of my comfort zone and give it or be creative with it, somehow to be face to face so I can verbally share who God is. I thought of writing a note of encouragement and the plan of salvation and the challenge along with the address of some churches they could go to. But then again, I felt the Lord telling me, too easy. Get out of my comfort zone. This week, before next Sunday is when I need to complete this challenge. Then, when we accomplish this task we are to share what we did, and the outcome on the FOTC FaceBook page. You should go there and see all the wonderful things God is doing. So I've got my eyes, mind, and heart open to what our Holy precious Lord will have me to do. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment