Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day #10

Revelation 2:1-5 Return to your first Love. It's so easy to get involved with church, volunteer work, helping others, doing what's right. I remember when our children were young and we were so involved in church, that was our life. We ate, breathed, and slept church. And there's nothing wrong with that. In fact I think it's an excellent way to raise a family, especially in this world of ours. Where the problem comes in is when our First Love is lost in all of the involvement, things to do, places to go. Yes, I do admit that saying no sometimes is best. I've learned that listening to God means sometimes saying no. And sometimes, ummm, most of the time, even God's children don't seem to understand when you have to tell them no. I remember one time a member of a church was asked to work in the nursery. This member answered, I'll need to pray about it and I will let you know. The remark was, why would you need to pray about that? We need nursery workers, you were asked, so the answer should be yes. Well, I can't really agree with that, simply because if we are truly in Love with God we will want a relationship with Him. And in a strong loving relationship we will want to do what God's wants of us. Sometimes we know immediately, but sometimes we need to pray and wait for an answer. All this to say, we as God's children, doing God's work, can lose our first love. I guess when we get an attitude about doing God's work we need to return to our First Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment