Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged

A favorite saying, one found in Mathew 7 1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Well...not everybody's favorite. Lol In my bible reading of Psalm 92 and 93 this verse came to mind. But not in the way you would think. It's so cool how Gods word comes alive. This reading spoke to my most inner soul. People, evil, truth, how God sees our hearts. How important it is for us, Gods children to really know Him! Really really know Him! Its such a deep subject but one that deserves our attention. We are told to love everybody, love our neighbors, love our enemies. How hard is that? We're suppose to be in the world but not of the world. How do we know if a person needs discipline, judgment, a kind word, love, understanding, encouragement...we don't. We are told to share the truth in love and let God handle the judgment. Do we as Gods children know how any times we've hurt people, our witness, Gods witness, the church, because we've taken judgements into our own hands? I cringe when I think of it. I see it on tv, hear it on the radio, read it on Facebook. When I think of my own judgmental thoughts, words, And actions I cringe to think how I've hurt others and how I would be judged by my own words. But yes, I surely don't know what's going on in a persons mind or heart. No wonder Christians are getting a bad wrap. Yes, we are going to be beaten down because of who we are because we scare satan. But we do a lot of the harm to ourselves and supposedly in Christ name. I want to be used of God to shine the light and truth towards God. Tall order, but with God All things are possible. I need to be reminded by Gods word that loving all and sharing the truth doesn't mean we're compromising our faith, it means we're obeying our Heavenly Father and letting Him do the dirty work! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this deep subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment