Thursday, November 3, 2011

November "Write a Novel Month"

It's three days in now and all I have is just under 800 words. The challenge is to write 50,000 words by the end of November, over 1600 a day. Well, I'm not going to win that challenge, but it's okay. I'm excited about what God is doing in my life. Every day in the little things, big things, life around me, so much to glean from. It seems as though life is getting louder. Like my ears are picking up more sounds, words, feelings, than ever before. When I hear sirens my heart always skips a beat. But now it just doesn't make my brain race to locate a mental picture of where all of my children and husband are, but then my heart goes out to the families, people involved. God puts a prayer in my spirit for whoever it may be that may be hurting. The prayer requests seem to be coming in quicker than I can process. When somebody mearly says 'okay' when asked how they are my antenna goes up to what they might be grieving over. How I get overwhelmed at the needs. I love to write encouragement cards and letters. My intentions are good, but not good enough. I guess my thinking is if I can write books that can encourage thousands of people, what better way to use my passion than that? Back to the challenge, it will definitely take me longer than a month to write JVR...the Novel, but write it I will! All to the Honor and Glory of God! Because without that, it has no meaning at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment