Saturday, January 30, 2016

Purple Carrot

Who would've thought that this girl was brought up on canned vegetables, box macaroni and cheese, box corn bread, pop tarts, and cold cereal? Yum! Over 34 years ago I started out my married life by cooking spaghetti, tuna noodle casserole, canned Chinese, and hamburger helper. Not even exaggerating here, this was our menu for three years of our marriage. Now, I'm open to a whole new world of foods. 

This past week was week three of my #vegandiet. So far, so good. Although I must confess the ONE iced oatmeal cookie I ate was not a true VEGAN food. 

We started @PurpleCarrotsxo this week with No. 12. #CARROTTALK. Haha! I'm sure you've noticed I'm throwing strange words in the blog like #tpcpics. And I'm sure you've guessed that I have no idea what I'm doing. Call it practice, experimenting. 

At any rate, below is my first picture of this new #vegan meal I've created, Catalan Vegetable Stew with Crispy Fideos. Amazing enough, though it had unknown foods such as #Swisschard, #favabeans, and #caperberries, It was very delicious. My husband and I both enjoyed this dish and ate every bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment