Saturday, November 17, 2012

Animals named in the Bible

Bel boweth down, Nebo stoopeth,...Isaiah 46:1


When I first read this the other day I truly thought the bible was talking about horses or donkeys. I thought to myself, wow, I didn't know God gave animals names in the bible, until I read further. (The notes in the margin helped as well.) I was so disappointed. They're names of Babylonian god's. Yes I know, I can be quite ditzy! lol

But I was intrigued by this chapter. It made very eye opening comparisons. When those who have other god's run from danger they carry their gods’s with them and are burdened down. But when those who have God, well, God caries them through danger and lifts their burdens. Isn’t that the coolest thing? I've read the poem, Foot Prints in the Sand. I've heard, learned, read about God being there for us, lifting our burdens. But, I've never quite looked at it like that before. I don't know, sometimes seeing or hearing things that have become so common place in a different light, makes everything new and exciting again. It revives the excitement, the assurance, the peace, that our Lord and Savior IS ALWAYS with us! Loves us! Cares for us! Thank you God!

Those other god's? Well, their just dead weight! I can do without! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment