Sunday, August 12, 2012

Happy Christian?

John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

During my life I've heard many different views of Christianity. I've heard that to be a real Christian you need to sacrifice all you have. That a real Christian is poor in material things. I've heard that to be a real Christian you will be blessed with health and riches or you're not in Gods will. It gets so confusing listening to man. That's another reason it's so important to develop a relationship with God. Religion isn't bad, please don't miss read what I'm saying. What is Religion without the relationship? The Bible is alive and speaks to us. You think I'm crazy? I give you this challenge...Read a Bible verse every day for a month. Each day before you read your verse, pray a simple prayer asking God to show you what He wants you to hear. After you read your verse, listen. If you'd like, write the answer in your journal. I like to do this, it helps me grow as well. A suggestion might be to read the book of Proverbs. There're 31 chapters, one for each day of the month. I would love to hear what you think and what God told you during this month of reading. Back to the featured verse of this blog. This is telling me to be happy with my blessings, enjoying each day giving God all the praise and Glory! I must not let satan or man take that joy away! Praise goes to our Holy God!

No comments:

Post a Comment